Infertility Clinic

At The British Clinic, access to the latest techniques in infertility management is provided in a friendly atmosphere. Questions and suggestions are always welcomed to improve the care. We pride ourselves on our personal approach to the problem of infertility. Our team is constantly updating knowledge on infertility management to provide the expected successful exit. This is the reason for steady improvement in our success.

Our center collaborates with other centers local, national and international.


Background Information on Infertility

Infertility is defined as the inability of a couple to conceive after one year of regular unprotected intercourse. It is estimated that 25% of couples worldwide would need help in achieving pregnancy at some stage or another. In another statistics, it has been calculated that only 20% of cohabiting married normal couples would achieve a pregnancy every month!! This would mean that the remaining 80% remain without pregnancy each month. That would repeat itself every month and in this calculation, there would eventually remain 25% of couples after one year of trial who have not managed a pregnancy. These are the attendees of the infertility clinics and assisted reproductive centers for help.



  • History and Clinical examination
  • Hormone Profile
  • Semen Analysis
  • Anti-sperm antibodies
  • Sperm DNA Fragmentation
  • Post-Coital Test
  • X-ray Hysterosalpingography (HSG)
  • Ultrasound scanning
  • Ultrasound scanning hystero-salpingo contrast sonography
  • Endometrial biopsy
  • Hysteroscopy
  • Laparoscopy


Major causes of infertility in women are :

1. Tubal pathology - tubes transporting eggs from the ovary are impaired. If tubal surgery is not a realistic option then IVF is the method of choice.
2. Hormonal disturbances - Anovulatory cycles, thyroid hormone imbalance, conditions secondary to PCOD (Polycystic Ovarian Disease).
3. Endometriosis.
4. Immunological Infertility.
5. Unexplained Infertility.


Major causes of infertility in men are :

1. Oligozoospermia - sperm count less than 20 million/ml.
2. Asthenozoospermia - motility of A grade sperm is less than 25% or combination of A and B grade sperm less than 50%.
3. Teratozoospermia - normal morphological sperm less than 30%.
4. Combination of all of this.
5. Azoospermia - no sperm in the ejaculate.


Disclaimer The British Clinic does not accept any liability to any person for the information or advice (or use of such information or advice) which is provided in this website or incorporated into it by reference. We provide this information on the understanding that all persons accessing it take responsibility for assessing its relevance and accuracy. Healthcare seekers are encouraged to discuss their health needs with their carers.


Contact Us